If you’re using Microsoft Dynamics CRM on-premise, it’s time to consider upgrading to Dynamics 365. The cloud-based solution offers a host of benefits that can help take your business to new heights. In this article, we’ll explore why and how to upgrade Dynamics CRM on-premise to Dynamics 365.
1. Scalability: Dynamics 365 offers scalability that on-premise solutions can’t match. As your business grows, you’ll need a solution that can keep up with your needs. With Dynamics 365, you can add or remove users and functionality as required.
2. Security: Microsoft guarantees enterprise-level security for its cloud-based offerings. Your data remains safe and secure on Microsoft’s servers, protected by industry-leading security measures.
3. Cost-Effectiveness: Upgrading to Dynamics 365 can save you money in the long run. You’ll no longer have to worry about hardware, software, and infrastructure costs associated with on-premise solutions. Furthermore, you’ll only pay for what you use, making it a cost-effective solution for businesses of all sizes.
4. Flexibility: Dynamics 365 is highly customizable, offering you a host of integrated apps and services that can be tailored to meet your specific needs. You can choose from various modules, including Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Finance and Operations, and more.
How to Upgrade
1. Evaluate Your Requirements: Before you start the upgrade process, it’s essential to evaluate your current requirements and ensure that Dynamics 365 meets your needs. You should assess the features you use and determine if they are available in Dynamics 365.
2. Plan the Migration: Make sure you plan the migration process carefully to minimize downtime and avoid any data loss. You should identify any customizations or integrations that may require updating and allocate sufficient resources to ensure a seamless transition.
3. Test the Upgrade: Testing is crucial to ensure that the upgrade process goes smoothly. It’s recommended to test the upgrade in a non-production environment before rolling it out to your live environment.
4. Train Your Staff: Once the migration is complete, you’ll need to train your staff on how to use the new system effectively. Dynamics 365 offers a host of online resources and training materials to help you get started.
Upgrading from Dynamics CRM on-premise to Dynamics 365 is a critical decision that can bring numerous benefits to your business. The cloud-based solution offers scalability, security, cost-effectiveness, and flexibility that on-premise solutions cannot match. However, you must plan and execute the migration carefully to ensure a seamless transition. Invest in proper planning and testing, allocate sufficient resources, and train your staff to take full advantage of the new system. With the right approach, upgrading to Dynamics 365 can be a game-changer for your business.