Upgrading Dynamics CRM on premise to Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a cloud-based platform for enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software. It provides a wide range of functionalities including sales, marketing, finance, operations, field service, project service automation, and customer service. Dynamics 365 unifies different applications into one single platform, it allows businesses to automate their processes, optimize productivity, provide better customer experience and increase revenue.
The move from Dynamics CRM on premise to Dynamics 365 can be a very significant upgrade. However, many organizations are hesitant to make the switch due to various reasons such as cost, data migration and potential downtime. In this article, we will discuss the key benefits and steps to upgrade Dynamics CRM on premise to Dynamics 365.
Benefits of Upgrading from Dynamics CRM on premise to Dynamics 365
1. Improved Functionality: Dynamics 365 brings a lot of new features which were not available in the previous versions of Dynamics CRM on premise. The platform is more comprehensive and offers a broader range of applications such as Finance, Operations, and Human Resources. Dynamics 365 also includes PowerApps which provides businesses with the ability to create custom apps without any coding skills.
2. Better User Experience: Dynamics 365 is designed with users in mind, it has an intuitive interface and offers a consistent user experience across all devices. The platform also includes integration with other Microsoft products such as Office 365 which further enhances the user experience.
3. Scalability: Dynamics 365 offers businesses the flexibility to scale up or down based on their needs. Organizations can start with basic sales or customer service modules and later expand to more complex areas such as field service, project service automation or finance. Dynamics 365 also allows businesses to add and remove users easily.
4. Cloud-based: One of the most significant benefits of upgrading to Dynamics 365 is that it is cloud-based. This removes the need for maintaining on-site servers, hardware, and software. Businesses can now access their data from anywhere, using any device with an internet connection.
Steps to Upgrade from Dynamics CRM on premise to Dynamics 365
1. Pre-Upgrade Assessment: Before upgrading to Dynamics 365, businesses should perform a pre-upgrade assessment. This assessment will help identify the customizations and third-party applications that are currently in place and determine if they will work with Dynamics 365. It is essential to have a clear understanding of the existing system’s complexities and requirements.
2. Data Migration: Data migration is one of the most crucial steps in upgrading to Dynamics 365. Before starting the migration, businesses should ensure that their data is clean and accurate. The migration process can be complex and time-consuming, so it’s advisable to engage with a Microsoft partner who has experience in migrating data from Dynamics CRM on premise to Dynamics 365.
3. Customization and Configuration: An essential step in upgrading to Dynamics 365 is customizing and configuring the new system. Businesses should determine the modules and functionalities they need and configure them accordingly. Customizations should be tested thoroughly before going live to avoid any issues during the transition.
4. User Training: It’s essential to train users on the new system. Dynamics 365 offers a lot of new features and functionalities which may require some training for existing users. Providing users with training can ease the transition and ensure that they are confident in using the new system.
5. Go-Live and Support: Once the customization, configuration, and training are complete, businesses can go-live with the new system. It’s essential to have a support plan in place to address any issues that may arise during the transition.
Upgrading from Dynamics CRM on premise to Dynamics 365 can bring many benefits to businesses. It offers improved functionality, better user experience, scalability, and cloud-based accessibility. However, before making the move, businesses should perform a pre-upgrade assessment, engage with a Microsoft partner for data migration, customize and configure the new system, provide user training and have a support plan in place. With careful planning and execution, businesses can make a successful transition to Dynamics 365 and take advantage of the many benefits it brings.