Upgrading Dynamics CRM on premise to Dynamics 365: Everything You Need to Know
Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a powerful tool that helps businesses manage customer data, automate sales processes, and improve customer engagement. However, as businesses grow and evolve, they need more sophisticated technology to keep up with their changing needs. That’s where Dynamics 365 comes in. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of upgrading from Dynamics CRM on premise to Dynamics 365 and provide a step-by-step guide to help you make the switch.
Why Upgrade to Dynamics 365?
There are several reasons why you might consider upgrading to Dynamics 365. Here are a few:
1. Stay up to date with the latest technology: Dynamics 365 is built on the latest Microsoft technologies like Azure, Power Platform, and AI-powered insights. This means you can take advantage of cutting-edge features like machine learning, intelligent analytics, and cloud-based storage.
2. More flexible deployment options: With Dynamics 365, you have the flexibility to choose between on-premises, cloud, or hybrid deployments. This means you can choose the deployment model that best suits your business needs and budget.
3. Simplified licensing: Dynamics 365 has simplified licensing options, making it easier and more cost-effective to manage licenses for your team.
4. Better integration with other Microsoft products: Dynamics 365 integrates seamlessly with other Microsoft products such as Office 365, Power BI, Outlook, and SharePoint. This means your team can work more efficiently and deliver better results.
5. Enhanced security: Dynamics 365 has advanced security features like multi-factor authentication, role-based access control, and data encryption. This means you can rest assured that your customer data is secure.
How to Upgrade to Dynamics 365
Now that you know the benefits of upgrading to Dynamics 365, let’s explore the steps involved in making the switch.
Step 1: Identify your current version of Dynamics CRM
The first step in upgrading to Dynamics 365 is identifying your current version of Dynamics CRM. This will help you determine if you need to upgrade to an intermediate version before moving to Dynamics 365.
Step 2: Check your hardware and software requirements
Before upgrading, you need to ensure that your hardware and software meet the minimum requirements for Dynamics 365. You can find the minimum requirements on the Microsoft website.
Step 3: Plan your migration strategy
Next, you need to plan your migration strategy. This involves deciding which data to migrate, when to migrate, and how to migrate it. You may want to consult with a Microsoft partner or consultant to help you develop a migration plan.
Step 4: Set up a test environment
It’s always a good idea to set up a test environment before migrating to Dynamics 365. This will allow you to test the migration process and identify any issues that need to be resolved before going live.
Step 5: Perform the upgrade
Once you’ve completed the previous steps, you’re ready to perform the upgrade. The upgrade process involves installing Dynamics 365 and migrating your data to the new system. You may want to consult with a Microsoft partner or consultant to help you with the upgrade process.
Step 6: Test and validate
After completing the upgrade, you need to test and validate the new system. This involves verifying that all data has been migrated correctly, that all features are working as expected, and that all customizations have been retained.
Step 7: Train your team
Finally, you need to train your team on how to use the new system. This includes training on new features, interface changes, and best practices for using Dynamics 365.
Upgrading from Dynamics CRM on premise to Dynamics 365 can provide many benefits for your business. With its advanced features, flexible deployment options, and improved integration with Microsoft products, Dynamics 365 is the right choice for businesses looking to stay ahead of the curve. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can successfully upgrade to Dynamics 365 and take your business to the next level.