Upgrading Dynamics CRM on Premise to Dynamics 365: What you need to know
Microsoft has been constantly developing and improving its products, and the Dynamics CRM is no exception. The company has introduced a new cloud-based solution, Dynamics 365, which offers a more unified and integrated approach to business management. As businesses move towards digital transformation, many are looking to upgrade their existing Dynamics CRM on-premise systems to Dynamics 365.
Here’s what you need to know about upgrading your Dynamics CRM on-premise to Dynamics 365.
What is Dynamics 365?
Dynamics 365 is a cloud-based solution that combines ERP and CRM functionality into one integrated package. It has a modular structure, and users can choose from different modules such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Field Service, depending on their needs. With Dynamics 365, businesses get a 360-degree view of their customers, which helps in creating better customer experiences and driving growth.
Why upgrade to Dynamics 365?
There are several reasons why businesses are considering upgrading their Dynamics CRM on-premise to Dynamics 365. Firstly, Dynamics 365 is cloud-based, which means that users can access data and applications from anywhere, at any time. This is particularly important for businesses with remote teams or those who are exploring flexible work arrangements.
Secondly, Dynamics 365 is an integrated solution, with modules that work seamlessly together. This eliminates the need for multiple systems and reduces duplication of efforts. Moreover, Dynamics 365 has a user-centric interface that is easy to navigate and use. This means that users can focus on their work rather than trying to figure out how to use the system.
Thirdly, Dynamics 365 offers greater flexibility in terms of deployment options. Users can choose from public cloud, private cloud, or on-premises implementation, depending on their requirements. This allows businesses to tailor the solution to their specific needs and scalability requirements.
What are the steps involved in upgrading Dynamics CRM on-premise to Dynamics 365?
Upgrading Dynamics CRM on-premise to Dynamics 365 involves several steps. Here’s a brief overview of the process:
1. Assess your existing system: The first step is to assess your current Dynamics CRM on-premise system and identify any customizations, integrations, or other dependencies that need to be considered when upgrading.
2. Choose a deployment option: Next, you need to choose a deployment option for Dynamics 365 that best suits your needs. This could be public cloud, private cloud, or on-premises deployment.
3. Prepare your data: Before migrating to Dynamics 365, you need to ensure that your data is clean and up-to-date. This may involve performing data cleansing or data migration tasks.
4. Plan your migration: Once your data is ready, you need to plan your migration to Dynamics 365. This involves creating a migration plan, identifying the resources you need, and testing the migration process.
5. Migrate your data: The actual migration involves moving your data from Dynamics CRM on-premise to Dynamics 365. This can be done manually, or using custom migration tools.
6. Test and validate: After the migration is complete, you need to test and validate the system to ensure that everything is working as expected.
7. Train users: Finally, you need to train your users on how to use Dynamics 365 effectively. This may involve providing user manuals, training sessions, or online resources.
Upgrading Dynamics CRM on-premise to Dynamics 365 is a significant undertaking, but one that can bring numerous benefits to businesses. By moving to a cloud-based, integrated solution, businesses can improve productivity, optimize their operations, and provide better customer experiences. With careful planning and execution, businesses can successfully transition to Dynamics 365 and reap the rewards of modern business management.